Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Overheard in the Backseat

Lately I feel like I've had to herd my cats all over hell's half acre, and that isn't far from the truth. Between Sam's school and various therapies, play dates for Sloane, and the stuff of life, we have been spending a lot of time in the car lately.  And the kids have been cracking me up with some of their "isms".

Sloane: "Mom! Quit singing! You sound like a cat."

Sloane: "Mom. I neeeeed you to stop for chocolate milk, or my hair is going to fall out."

Sam: "Mom, I don't need you to come up to Miss Kelly and Kaffi (Kathy) today. I can go. And I want red pizza. Bye."

Sam: "Who is that guy?"
Me: "I'm not sure honey, he's just walking."
Sloane: "He needs a shower and some Toy Story bubbles."

Sloane: "Mom! Mom! MOM!  My feet stink."
Sam: "I smell?"
**stretches foot over**
Sam: "Yuck"

Sam: "Mom, I peed on the tree at school."
Me: **facepalm** I'm sure Miss Kelli and Miss Kathy are sooo impressed.

Not in the car, but Sloane also had a doozy this week. She came up to me, covered in syrup from head to toe from breakfast and said "Mom! I am a hot ass mess. Where's the washcloth?"  Yes daughter. Yes you are. :)

I anticipate an interesting year and more to come as the months wear on. :)

1 comment:

  1. A Hot Ass Mess, huh? That's got to be bad. Very, very bad. And hilarious.

    ReplyDelete