1. Most parents are not going to parent the way you do. As long as they are doing their best and no one is getting hurt, that is OK.
2. You can eat a peanut butter sandwich with no hands, especially if there is a diaper blowout in your midst.
3. My children can drive me absolutely to the brink of sanity, and reel me back in an instant with a sweet gesture, genuine smile, or I Love You Mama.
4. Portable DVD players are a gift straight from the baby Jesus.
5. Every parent on the planet has experienced a complete child meltdown in the aisles of Target. If they tell you they haven't, they are lying through their teeth.
6. Mom intuition is as powerful a tool as a doctor. If it feels bad to mom, you know it ain't right.
7. It is OK for your kids to not like your friend's kids, but it certainly makes you better friends when they do. :)
8. Lower your expectations for home decor. I love a stylish house, but if it makes me a screaming Cruella DeVille on Xanax, it is not worth it. They will grow up and you can get your depression glass out again. Up high, but it's still out. :)
9. Kids don't care about "stuff." My kids have two favorite things: Sloane's are her blanket and a ball. Sam's are his blanket and a Hot Wheels toy. We've got toys out the wazoo, and these are their cherished things. Grand total price, about 4 bucks. (blanks were gifts from Aunt Ryan)
10. There is no such thing as "too many pictures." I've tried, and I still feel like I have missed so much. They grow too fast.