Monday, August 15, 2011

Cake Wreck: Sombrero Edition

As many of you probably know, I really love to make my children's birthday cakes. I am not a cake decorator by any stretch, but one of the things I loved from my childhood were my homemade, home decorated, birthday cakes.  It's instant nostalgia for me.

Sam and two of his friends have birthdays in August, and instead of all of us having 3 separate parties, we always do them all together, in one big blow out day.  This year the theme was the Three Amigos, so mustaches and pinatas and sombreros were a must.  The cake wreck theme was born: A giant sombrero.  We also make personalized cookies for the kids with mustaches on them.  They all turned out adorable!  I love them.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you bake such creative cakes for your children. My Mema used to make all of our cakes and it is a fond memory for me. For my Sweet 16 she baked me a stand up doll cake all dressed in pink. So sweet, just like you :)

    ReplyDelete