Monday, August 1, 2011

Like Mommy, Like Sloaney

This past weekend we visited my family back in Southwest Kansas.  I am to a point in life that I really do appreciate and love going back home, even though at 18 if you'd have told me that I'd have laughed in your face.  It's good to get away from the grind in my own home, and Sammah and Papa's house is a great place for the kids.

I take a lot of pictures. A lot.  I'm the family photographer; everyone always knows that I will show up with my Nikon, shooting every minute of our gathering together.  I can't help it, I want to preserve memories.  I want to remember times like these, where my kids are cute and smile and laugh...so that I can ease the pain when they are mean, have attitude problems, and want to G.I. Jane their hair or dye it green.

This weekend I caught Sloane playing mommy. I asked her what she was doing, and she said "I'm being you", and she'd grabbed an old camera and was walking around telling everyone to Smile! and Say Cheese!

Too cute for words.  I hope she gets some of my other attributes, too.


2 comments:

  1. OMG! That is too great. What a little sweetie. You'll have to get her one of these.

    http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2620&e=digitalcamera

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    I'm always dragging my Nikon everywhere, too. I bought it after Nathaniel dropped my old point-and-shoot one too many times. Now it's his. :-)

    ReplyDelete