Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No Place Like Home

For the past 5 days, we spent a crazy fun, long weekend in Kansas.  We crammed it all in...our ultimate experience (much like what people do in Vegas. Ha ha. Anyways...).

Friends, friends, friends. Kid friends. Mom friends. Bar friends.  Lots o' friends.

Family, family, family.  Hub's entire family was together for our nephews wedding.  He's one of 8 brothers and sisters, so that is a huge undertaking that does not happen too often. I believe the last Hubs Mega Family Reunion might have been our wedding almost 7 years ago. I got to see my momma and dad, a few of my nieces and nephews, and sister in law.  It was wonderful.

Free State Brewery!  Kansas City Barbecue!  Yello Sub!  Delicious one-of-a-kind foods that I cannot get out here. It was amazingly delicious, and I enjoyed the heck out of it. My scale agrees. :)

Something weird happened though.  I became....ready to go "home."  It was the first time that I ever considered Las Vegas my home now.  I do not live in Kansas....I live in Nevada.  And as much as I dislike our current living situation (I lovingly refer to it as Cabrini Green West), I was ready to be back to our normal.  Both kids missed school, I missed my gym, and we all missed our routine here.  WEIRD, RIGHT?

Maybe this place finally is growing on us.  It's promising! I'll take it as a positive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment