Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dreams vs. Reality

When I started this gig as a stay home mom, here's what I thought my days would consist of:

Cuddle
Play
Change Diapers
Cuddle
Play
Make A Gourmet Dinner
Family Time
Bedtime
--mind you, all in the comforts of my beautiful, immaculately clean home.

Here's the reality:
-Referree a cage match most of the waking hours of my toddlers.
-Clean up kid messes. (repeat 309 times daily)
-"CHOCK MEEELK MAMA! CHOOOOOCCCCKK MEEEELLLKKK"
-Clean up husband messes.
-Make dinners, lunches, and breakfasts that my children may or may not eat.
-Explain to Sam, for the 13th time in 20 minutes, why hitting his sister means time out.
-Haphazard trips to the grocery store, Target, etc, where my kids may or may not have a complete and total meltdown, and even with a list, I still manage to forget a key ingredient for tonight's not-so-gourmet meal.
-Keep the house from becoming a biohazard.

Don't get me wrong, my job's got it's perks...but they seem to glaze over the bogus parts in the pamphlet. :)

1 comment:

  1. No kidding sister sledge. Somedays I want a refund, or an exchange. It's not all rainbows and unicorns you know. No shooting stars. Perhaps some shooting poop. And the only rainbows are the ones in crayon that I scrubbed off the table in the playroom. Again. I will catch that crayon wielding bandit if it's the last thing I do.

    ReplyDelete