Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ode to Blue Betty Badass

This is one of my best friends. For real. Her name is Blue Betty Badass because, well, she is the bee's knees.

She can whip up a batch of cookies in no time. Fifty cupcakes by this afternoon? Girl, please. Tonight, after discovering that my pita bread for pita pizza was spoiled (grr), I turned to my pantry, and to Blue Betty Badass, and we cranked out some delicious and cheap pizza crust. For the first time in my life. And Betty didn't even flinch. And I will never again rely on store bought ridiculousness for pizza.

Tonight, I raise my glass to you Triple B. I like you more than most people, and you dazzle the Dinner Party Circuit with your awesomeness, and don't even get mad when I take all the credit.

I see a lot of hacked off PTA moms in our future together. :)

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about Triple B. I have one of my own, in red, and she is FAB! I haven't named her yet. Suggestions? Did you get to use the dough hook? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is gray. She is one dirty little girl. She works hard for her owner. We made pizza dough the other night also. But I used a package dough because I am lazy like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is white, and she is pristine because I don't use her nearly enough. A) she lives in the garage because I don't have room for her in my small kitchen. B) I don't bake that much. I am, however, looking forward to getting the pasta attachment and obsessing over that for awhile.

    BTW, I make pizza dough from scratch all the time via Smitten Kitchen's easy recipe. No dough hook required. Save yourself the dishes and try it Smitten's way. I use half whole wheat flour and half white so we can feel healthy about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete