Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bliss

I haven't eaten candy corn for about 20 years now. When I was a child, it was because there were way better candy options out there, and candy corn was what your crazy, cheap grandmother gave you for Halloween. A collective groan was let out when the bag of nasty candy corn was pulled out, probably saved over from the year before. Nobody loved candy corn.

Fast forward to present day, and boy, was I wrong as a child. Thanks to my friends Kate and Susan, I now have a new MOST FAVORITE TREAT IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. It's a simple recipe, really. Are you ready?

Candy corn. One bag of candy corn, to be precise.

add
half a jar of dry roasted peanuts.

Mix together, and consume in mass quantities. Oh people, it is heaven. It is so awesome, John and I have been sneaking handfuls and hiding in the bathroom to eat it. It is that good.

The cherry on top of this dessert? My kids hate it, so I can eat it right in front of them and they could care less. This never happens, which makes me love this treat even more!

Candy corn and peanuts. Proof that it really doesn't take much to make me happy anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment