Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Confessions

Confession is good for the soul, or so that's what the nuns want you to believe. :) I have a few things to confess to the cosmos today, so here they are:

1. My children have been drinking too much Capri Sun. Because they find it delicious, and I am too tired to care. 5% juice and 95% sugarwater sounds like a balanced diet to me. That's why they make Flintstones vitamins.

2. I took the kids to the pool for the first time yesterday, and they loved it so much that we stayed for 2 hours. They went to bed at 6:30, and I got to watch a television program at the time it originally aired, instead of via DVR. This hasn't happened since 2007. We will make a habit of this, me thinks.

3. My house is in total shambles, but we are going back to the pool today. Because there were some fun moms there yesterday, and real, person-to-person conversation is worth the 30 minutes it takes to dress two kids, slather them in sunscreen, pack a pool bag with enough stuff to survive the apocalypse, and drive them to the wading pool. And it's free, which totally rocks my socks off.

4. JT is working tonight, and I am 100% looking forward to feeding the kids PB&J and not cooking a meal. Triscuits and cheese for dinner sounds AWESOME.

5. Yesterday I jokingly posted on my Facebook page something about punching out a bully at the pool who had shoved Sam into the water. A friend warned me that I was starting to sound like "that" mom. No need to warn me, I am fully aware of being "that" mom. And I DO NOT CARE. Have a few kids of your own, and then we can have a discussion.

Happiest of Fridays to you all. We are off to visit my sister Megan this weekend, and celebrate my niece Emery's 2nd birthday. Should be fun! Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment