My chicken tortilla soup recipe. :)
-1 package chicken breast (or tenderloin or boneless thigh, whatev), cut into bite sized pieces, about 1 1/2 lbs
-1 large onion, chopped
-2 garlic cloves
-2 cans black beans
-2 cans diced tomatoes
-1 can corn (or 1/2 bag of frozen corn)
-2 cans diced green chiles
-chicken broth (depending on your thickness level, 1-3 cups)
1. Sprinkle chicken pieces liberally with chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Brown in a dutch oven over medium high heat with the onion. Add garlic and stir.
2. Add all the cans of stuff. No need to drain, you're making soup people!
3. This is where preferance comes in. If you like a thicker, chili-like soup, only add about 1 cup of broth. If you like it soupier, add more. Whatever's clever.
4. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes at least. It's better if you simmer it longer.
5. Serve up in bowls, with crushed tortilla chips and cheese on top. And avocado if that's your thing.
Mmm. With baked Tostitos and 2% cheese, 7 WW points Megan. Love your face. ;)