Thursday, April 1, 2010

7 Layers of Heaven

Last week, my friends Shane and Bri came over for dinner. They brought with them the most awesome dessert ever. They called them 7 layer bars, but I call them heavenly crack. Ever since they gave me the recipe, I've been jonesin' to make them. Thank Jesus that Sunday is Easter...perfect time to make a big ol' batch, and cross my fingers that I don't have to eat them all by myself. It would be the most gluttonous, sinfully fantastic thing in the world...but my ass would hate me.

Recipe:
1 box of graham crackers, processed into crumbs
3 sticks of butter, melted- yes, you read that right. 3 sticks.
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 bag of butterscotch chips
1 bag of chopped nuts
1 bag of coconut
1 can of sweetened condensed milk

1.Mix the graham crackers and the melted butter, and form into a crust on the bottom of a 9x13 pan
2. On top of that, layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped nuts, and coconut.
3. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top. (Or you can put the condensed milk under the coconut, but I'm told it's better this way).
4. Put into a 350 degree oven until the coconut browns.
5. Let them cool off, and then get your Cujo candy rampage on.

I am pretty sure you can throw whatever 7 layers you want into this and as long as you pour sweetened condensed milk over it, it's going to be awesome.

Thank you Shane and Bri for this bomb ass recipe. I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment